Julie is the national head of our Real Estate Dispute team. She has over 20 years' experience dealing with a wide range of contentious property matters.
Julie acts for a wide range of clients including Columbia Threadneedle, British Land, Associated British Foods Plc, Travelodge and high net worth individuals.
She undertakes a range of complex and strategically important work for these clients which includes contractual claims arising under development agreements and overage agreements, high value dilapidations claims and opposed lease renewals.
In recent years she has been extensively involved in advising in relation to aspects of insolvency including administrations and CVAs.
Much of Julie's advice centres around minimising risk for clients and enabling them to achieve their commercial aims, but she has considerable experience of litigating in the High Court and Court of Appeal and different types of ADR including mediations.
- advising a high net worth individual in proceedings in the High Court concerning a disputed claim for overage with a value in the region of £7m
- advising a major institutional landlord in the High Court in London concerning a disputed contractual claim for payments due under an alleged contract and an associated restitutionary claim for services provided
- advising a large corporate occupier on its liabilities arising from a range of guarantee provisions under old and new leases in the context of a retail CVA.
- advising a major institutional landlord of a large multi-let building in London on how to carry out extensive repairs to the premises with subtenants in occupation and how to minimise potential claims for breach of quiet enjoyment and/or derogation from grant that could arise as a result of the works.
- Professional Memberships
- Property Litigation Association