Joanne is a Legal Director in our Real Estate Disputes team based in the Manchester office. She provides strategic and practical solutions to meet her client's needs which align with their commercial business strategies. Whilst her works covers all aspects of real estate disputes, for landlords, tenants, investors, financial institutions, insolvency practitioners and property owners and managers, her particular expertise lies with development disputes, claims arising out of a breach of covenant, right of way disputes, tenant insolvency, freehold disputes, residential possession and issues around alienation. In particular, Joanne's main experience arises from the retail sector where she has regularly advised both institutional landlords and well known high street tenants over the years.
Examples of Joanne's cases include:
- A £4 million dispute arising out of an agreement for lease and whether the terms of that document, and other ancillary documents, had been adhered to or whether termination clauses could be invoked.
- Recovery of in excess of £500,000 worth of service charge arrears, interest and costs amounting in total, to over £700,000.
- Contempt of court proceedings, resulting in imprisonment, where a trespasser continuously breached a court order for possession.
- Injunctive proceedings as part of a right of way dispute where damages were alleged in the sum of approximately £2 million.
In addition, Joanne has been involved in the following reported cases:
- (1) Manchester Airport plc (2) MAG Investment Assets Limited -v- (1) Radisson Hotel Manchester Limited (2) Union Investment Real Estate GmbH  EWHC 3367 (Ch) concerning a point of contractual construction which led to a claim for arrears of unpaid utilities and a counterclaim for alleged overpaid utilities.
- Jo is very personable, down-to-earth and easy to work with. Jo is extremely thorough in everything that she does and always keen to highlight new and evolving areas in the industry, which is very useful for us – Legal 500
- Professional Memberships
- Property Litigation Association