Andrew is a Managing Associate in the Employment & Incentives group.
Andrew has experience in preparing and conducting employment tribunal cases, including appearing in the Employment Tribunal since 2001. Andrew has been preparing and conducting employment tribunal cases for over 20 years, appearing in the Employment Tribunal in over 300 cases. He has conducted the advocacy in cases ranging from 10 day complicated whistleblowing, discrimination and TUPE cases to one day unfair dismissal claims.
He also advises on a full range of non-contentious employment matters including complex disciplinary and grievance issues, discrimination, TUPE within the public and private sector, Trade Union matters and whistleblowing.
Andrew provides advice in respect of contingent workers, including advising on the application of the Conduct of Business Regulations and IR35. He has particular experience and interest in National Minimum Wage compliance and supports clients in carrying out self-reviews and in dealing with HMRC investigations on those issues.
Examples of recent work include:
- Advising a PLC on the implementation of a change to terms and conditions across a number of departments including negotiations with a multiple trade unions and amended various collective agreements.
- Running a high value claim in the Employment Tribunal on behalf of a public body that involved multiple claims of discrimination and whistleblowing, including providing the advocacy at a 10 day hearing. It resulted in a successful outcome for the client, as all claims were dismissed.
- Advising a PLC on a large scale restructuring exercise involving hundreds of redundancies and change in terms and conditions for all staff.
- Asssted a client with a HMRC National Minimum Wage inspection including liaising with the HMRC inspectors, resulting in a significant change to the findings of the investigation.
- Providing advice and conducting litigation, including advocacy, in respect of a claim concerning the interpretation of the Conduction of Business Regulations. The case resulted in a successful Judgment for the client.
- Professional Memberships
- Employment Lawyers Association