Tom Langsford is a Managing Associate in our construction and projects team, based in Dubai. His experience covers contentious and non-contentious matters. He specialises in arbitration, litigation, adjudication and dispute avoidance on both a domestic and international level.
He has previously advised on a number of high profile projects for contractors and employers both at the project development stage (including risk analysis, contract drafting and commercial management) and issues with project delivery.
Tom advises regional and international clients in the infrastructure, transport and energy sectors across the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Europe and Africa regions.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Tom practiced in the Sydney office of one of the world's largest international law firms.
- Acting for a government backed business in relation to two separate multi-million dollar claims (unlawful termination and a final account). The project concerned a large transport infrastructure project in Qatar
- Acting for the claimant contractor in an over QAR 200 million final account arbitration involving a major leisure and residential project in Doha, Qatar
- Acting for the defendant contractor in a AED 77 million subcontract termination and final account arbitration for a Dubai commercial building
- Providing claims assistance (including defending structural defect allegations and drafting extension of time claims) for a major UAE contractor in relation to a significant corporate campus development
- Undertaking a site-based secondment for a multi-national joint venture involving an ongoing AED 650 million hotel and residential development in Dubai – including preparation of project correspondence, drafting extension of time and cost claims and providing dispute resolution advice.