Tom Langsford is an Associate in our construction and projects team, based in Dubai. His expertise covers contentious and non-contentious matters. He specialises in adjudication, litigation, arbitration and dispute avoidance both on a domestic and international level.
Tom advises regional and international clients in the infrastructure, transport and energy sectors across the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Europe and Africa regions.
He has previously advised on a number of high profile projects for contractors and employers both at the project development stage (including risk analysis, contract drafting and commercial management) and issues with project delivery.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Tom has practiced in Sydney office of one of the world's largest international law firms and in Sydney office of a leading Australian law firm.
- Acting for the claimant contractor in multi-million QAR final account arbitration involving a major leisure and residential project in Qatar
- Acting for the defendant contractor in a AED 77 million Subcontract termination and final account arbitration for a Dubai commercial building
- Acting for the plaintiff in an AUD 30 million (AED 75 million) expert determination for a major Australian rail transportation project
- Acting for the defendant in an AUD 15 million (AED 37.5 million) Australian mining process plant dispute
- Acting for the plaintiff in an AUD 20 million (AED 50 million) claim involving the Lane Cove Road Tunnel Collapse, Australia
- Providing ongoing full contract services for a major Australian contractor (projects up to and above AUD 300 million (AED 750 million)) including review and risk analysis of tendered contracts, drafting of subcontracts, drafting of contractual notices (extension of time, variation and dispute) and preparing company briefing documents to assist with internal contract management
- Drafting design and construct, construct only, and consultancy head and subcontracts on both a bespoke and standard basis for residential, commercial and government sponsored projects, acting for both employers and contractors
- Providing input in preparation of EPC / O&M Contracts for a South-East Asian earthworks, quarry and transportation project
- Providing input in preparation of EPC / O&M Contracts for a variety of Australian solar and wind energy projects (up to 200MW generation capacity)
- Drafting bespoke road infrastructure and maintenance contracts for a major Sydney local government area