Before training at Addleshaw Goddard, Raj was a practising Pharmacist for many years in primary care. Raj continues to practice as a Pharmacist and and uses her knowledge of the healthcare sector to best deliver for clients looking to prioritise patient care and outcomes.
Raj joined the Infrastructure, Projects and Energy team as an Associate in September 2020 and has experience of providing commercial advice to clients in the public and private sectors in a variety of regulated sectors, including healthcare, water, energy, transport, and local government.
Recent experience includes advising:
- a 'big 4' supermarket chain on a new online doctor and prescription service;
- a high street provider of optical services on risk mapping associated with new pricing proposals;
- on regulatory aspects associated with the acquisition of an online pharmacy business;
- an NHS Foundation Trust on its wholly-owned subsidiary providing outpatient pharmacy services on proposals to provide clinical services to other Trusts and to diversify the business;
- United Utilities on the £750m+ replacement of the 109km drinking water pipeline, Haweswater Aqueduct using Direct Procurement for Customers, a new model of project finance based on PFI. This pathfinder project is the first of its kind;
- an international energy company on its proposed sale of the entire share capital of its UK B2B business;
- a pension fund in relation to a proposed acquisition of an 714MW off-shore wind farm;
- Department for Transport on various in-life rail franchise management support and commercial matters;
- West Midlands Combined Authority in relation to proposals to operate a fleet of electric buses in a new all-electric bus town;
- a North West local authority in relation to the proposed academisation of five PFI schools and on a historic investment it made into two SPVs associated with two of its PFI schemes using grant monies; and
- Cheshire East Council and Cheshire West & Chester Council on ongoing and highly complex operational issues associated with their PFI extra care housing scheme.