Sophie is a managing associate in our Infrastructure, Projects and Energy team. She joined the firm in 2017 after initially qualifying in 2014 into the London office of Simmons & Simmons and specialising in insurance regulation. Since joining Addleshaw Goddard, she has advised on a range of matters in relation to energy, transport and infrastructure.
Sophie's key energy experience includes advising:
- A major energy company on a joint venture to build and own an energy from waste plant, with particular focus on the shared services arrangements and the availability agreement underpinning the provision of utilities to tenants.
- An energy supplier and a major supermarket, on white labelling arrangements, including drafting the underlying contracts.
- Low Carbon Contracts Company, the CfD counterparty, in relation to the requirements of the contracts for difference and the compliance of generators with the same.
Sophie's key transport experience includes advising:
- The Department for Transport on the West Coast franchise procurement, with a particular focus on the shadow operator elements of the franchise.
- West Yorkshire Combined Authority in relation to their stations programme.
Sophie's broad experience in the Infrastructure, Projects and Energy team has further included advising on a variety of corporate deals and regulations, as well as completing a secondment to a major energy supplier.