David has many years' experience of supporting sponsors, investors and lenders in project financed infrastructure projects. He has led teams across a wide range of sectors from social infrastructure (such as schools, hospitals and government accommodation) to economic infrastructure (such as roads and waste facilities). He works extensively in the PPP secondary market, acting for buyers and sellers of equity and debt interests in PPP projects. David also supports many owners and managers of infrastructure assets on a broad range of operational and asset management matters, from variations on existing projects to deal restructurings, exit arrangements, settlement of disputes and payment issues.
David's experience includes:
- Acting for Semperian PPP Investment Partners across multiple projects on the collapse of Carillion and the appointment of replacement contractors to ensure continuity of service provision.
- Acting for Kajima Partnerships in relation to its joint venture with HICL through a new holding company and sale of 50% of the share capital and sub debt in an initial portfolio of 6 projects, together with subsequent sales into the holding company.
- Acting for project company and investor interests on a multi-party assisted negotiation and mediation to reach settlement across numerous project issues on a major acute hospital project.
- Acting for owners and managers of UK PPP assets on all aspects of portfolio and asset management.
- Professional Memberships
- CEDR Accredited Mediator (2018)