Katrina joined the Manchester banking and finance team upon qualification, having joined the firm as a paralegal in March 2014 where she worked in the asset finance team before starting her training contract which included a 6 month client secondment in the renewable energy sector.
Acting for all major UK clearing banks and financial institutions, as well as corporate borrowers and private equity funds, she has assisted and led on a range of transactions across numerous jurisdictions including corporate leading, leveraged acquisition finance, restructuring and real estate finance.
Katrina's experience in asset finance ranges from standard document projects and advising on queries on lease documentation to multi-jurisdiction multi-million sale transactions in transport (including aviation), Islamic finance arrangements and sale and lease back agreements. This work is predominantly lender side.
- Advising Trafford Council and Bruntwood Works in respect of the £50m redevelopment financing for the regeneration of Stretford Mall and Altrincham's Stamford Quarter Shopping Centre and Clarendon House
- Advising the agent and security agent (both UK clearing bank entities) in respect of a secured syndicated accordion funding to a technology company (circa £200,000,000 debt total)
- Acting for a UK clearing bank funding a £22,500,000 secured management buyout in respect of an international manufacturing group
- Advising the lender on real estate financing arrangements of £5,900,000 for the development of 266 bed student accommodation
- Acting for the senior lender in respect of a secured restructuring of a multi-jurisdictional group to preserve value in the profitable portions of the group immediately prior to those unprofitable entities ceasing trading
- Professional memberships
- The Law Society