Janik has more than 14 years' experience in distribution law, international trade and con-tract law as well as as well as in disputes under distribution law and liability law.
Janik regularly advises national and international clients regarding purchasing and distribution structures. Furthermore he represents clients in negotiating contracts, enforcing and defending claims in contractual, liability and commercial disputes along the entire supply chain before national courts and arbitration tribunals. Janik also regularly advises on industrial cooperation agreements and contract manufacturing agreements.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Janik has been with a major European law firm.
Janik regularly publishes and holds speaking engagements on various commercial law topics.
- International automotive supplier regarding purchasing processes and purchasing terms
- International energy company regarding supply agreements and disputes with contractors and suppliers
- International automotive supplier regarding defence against product liability claims
- International manufacturer of IT equipment regarding global preferred partnership on inclusion of equipment in data centers
- Implementation of selective distribution systems for various manufacturers of consumer goods
- Distributionslogistik, Vertriebsmittler, Endkunde – Glieder der Lieferkette im Sinne des LkSG?, Betriebs Berater 17/2022 (Co-Author with Markus Palder)
- Der Entwurf der neuen Vertikal-GVO im Lichte des Entwurfs der neuen Vertikal-Leitlinien, ZVertriebsR 2021, 341
- Auswirkung der Covid-19-Pandemie auf Lieferketten in der Automobilindustrie im Kontext von Force Majeure und höherer Gewalt, RAW 2021, 21
- Kapitel über die Automobilwirtschaft in Bräutigam/Kraul (Ed.), Internet of Things, Munich 2021
- Kommentar zur EntscheidungI-16 U 171/15 dated 27.01.2017 des Oberlandesgerichts Düsseldorf – ZvertriebsR 2017, 188
- German - native
- English - fluent
After completing his undergraduate studies in Political Science at the University of Massachusetts, Janik studied law at the University of Hanover, where he passed his first state exam in 2004. He then stud-ied at the University of Aberdeen and graduated with a masters of law in 2005.
- Frankfurt Bar Association (admitted 2008)
- German Bar Association
- Working Group on International Commercial Law of the DAV