James joined the Finance team at Addleshaw Goddard in 2017. He has experience in acting for both bank and borrower clients in general banking work, including leveraged finance, corporate finance, real estate finance, ABL and Asset Finance transactions.
- advising a nationwide property portfolio company on a £165,000,000 facility agreement and £91,000,000 facility agreement with a national lender and fund (respectively) to refinance existing facilities and finance the restructuring of the entire group;
- advising a national lender in respect of a £5,000,000 CLBILS facility with a listed UK company;
- advising a national lender on their portfolio of CBILS standard form asset finance documentation;
- advising an international lender in respect of a £5,500,000 real estate finance facility to a London based property portfolio company;
- advising a national property portfolio company in respect of a £292,500,000 facility agreement with a club of large institutional lenders in respect of a high profile development in Manchester;
- advising a large fund and national lender in respect of a unitranche facility to finance the acquisition of a majority stake by a North West private equity investor in a national traffic control equipment company;
- advising a large manufacturing multinational on a £100,000,000 term and revolving facility agreement with a large international lender;
- providing English law advice to a large institutional Italian lender in respect of an Italian law facility agreement, financing the acquisition of a portfolio English of companies by a large Italian company; and
- advising a North West based private equity investor on the financing of a majority investment in a Liverpool based construction company.
- A Critical Perspective on the Principles of Islamic Finance Focusing on Sharia Compliance and Arbitrage (The New Jurist)
- The EU and US attempts to regulate credit rating agencies following the 2008 global financial crisis (Financial Regulation International)
- A Critical Perspective on the Principles of Islamic Finance Focusing on Sharia Compliance and Arbitrage (The Leeds Journal of Law & Criminology)