Jonathan is the Head of the Firm's Employee Incentives group. He joined the firm in December 2016, having previously been a partner at a boutique employment and incentives practice and prior to that spending over 10 years in the incentives team at a Magic Circle law firm.
Jonathan advises UK and multinational clients on the design and implementation of share and cash-based employee incentive plans. His practice is wide-ranging and includes:
- advising on tax efficient share incentives, such as EMI, SAYE, SIP, CSOP, as well as growth share and joint ownership plans
- the establishment and operation of employee benefit trusts
- the implementation of employee share plans globally
- the application of the FCA remuneration code to financial institutions
- corporate governance and disclosure issues for listed companies
- the employee share plans issues on a wide range of corporate transactions, including IPOs, takeovers, demergers and rights issues
He also advises on employment taxation more generally, including the taxation of employment-related benefits and internationally mobile employees.
Jonathan is a regular speaker at conferences on executive remuneration and share plans more generally and has been recognised as a leading individual in employee incentives in Chambers and Partners.
Jonathan has written articles for publications such as Tax Journal, Global Equity Organization and LexisNexis, and he is on the consulting editorial board of Lexis PSL Share Incentives.