Jonathan is the Head of the Firm's Employee Incentives group. He joined the firm in December 2016, having previously been a partner at a boutique employment and incentives practice and prior to that spending over 10 years in the incentives team at a Magic Circle law firm
Jonathan advises UK and multinational clients on the design and implementation of share and cash-based employee incentive plans. His practice is wide-ranging and includes:
- advising on tax efficient share incentives, such as EMI, SAYE, SIP, CSOP, as well as growth share and joint ownership plans
- the establishment and operation of employee benefit trusts
- the implementation of employee share plans globally
- the application of the FCA remuneration code to financial institutions
- corporate governance and disclosure issues for listed companies
- the employee share plans issues on a wide range of corporate transactions, including IPOs, takeovers, demergers and rights issues.
He also advises on employment taxation more generally, including the taxation of employment-related benefits and internationally mobile employees.
Jonathan is a regular speaker at conferences on executive remuneration and share plans more generally and has been recognised as a leading individual in employee incentives in Chambers and Partners.
- Professional memberships
- Share Plan Lawyers Group