Alex is a managing associate in our pensions team. She joined AG in July 2015, having previously trained at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP.
Alex advises trustees and employers on a wide range of pensions law issues in an advisory, transactional and contentious context. She has significant experience of corporate transactions involving DB schemes on both share and business sales, and a particular interest in pensions tax and employer debt matters.
Recent employer-related expertise includes:
- advising a number of corporates on the legal and practical issues arising out of closures to future DB accrual and transition to replacement DC arrangements
- advising on complex 'Beckmann' rights following a TUPE transfer
- advising on Pensions Regulator 'moral hazard' issues arising out of M&A and other corporate activity
- advising on parent company guarantees and other funding arrangements
Recent trustee-related expertise includes:
- advising on sex equalisation and other complex benefit queries involving the construction of historic trust deeds and rules
- advising on DC bulk transfer and wind-up projects, buy-ins and buy-outs
- advising on Pensions Ombudsman disputes and professional negligence claims against advisers
- advising on GDPR compliance and scheme governance