Patricia is an Associate in the Finance Disputes team with over 9 years' experience for acting for clients in the financial services sector. Patricia primarily acts for banks and asset based lenders bringing claims for, and defending claims against, those clients. Patricia has specific expertise in managing large debt recovery portfolios, with a particular aptitude for successfully negotiating out of court settlements. Patricia is experienced in obtaining urgent delivery up orders, bringing repossession claims and dealing with insolvency proceedings.
Patricia's work includes:
- Acting for Bibby Financial Services Limited in relation to a multi-million pound invoice finance fraud including "fresh air" invoicing and direct banking.
- Advising and acting for Paragon Bank plc in successfully obtaining an injunction for delivery up involving assets being moved out of the jurisdiction.
- Acting for Bibby Financial Services Limited in a claim for unpaid invoices, first successfully obtaining summary judgment against the debtors and then playing a crucial role in defending an appeal resulting in a significant Court of Appeal win.
- Working on professional negligence claims for lenders against valuers.
- Managing complex ledger collect outs as well as large volume guarantee claims for a number of different lenders.
- Acting for banking clients in respect of discrimination claims brought under the Equality Act, as well as data protection matters