Robert is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution Group and is part of the Employment Law Group in Ireland.
Robert has advised a wide range of domestic and international clients in disputes relating to banking and financial services, property and construction, personal injury, medical and professional negligence, commercial contracts, IP infringement, defamation, product liability and sale of goods claims.
He has extensive experience advising and representing employers and employees on all aspects of the employment relationship including contentious and non-contentious matters. He represents clients before the Workplace Relations Commission, the Labour Court and the civil courts in employment litigation such as unfair dismissal, transfer of undertakings, equality/discrimination, occupational stress, and health & safety.
Recent Experience includes advising:
- One of the world’s largest health care companies in defence of High Court litigation issued against it regarding the alleged contribution of some of its products to injuries sustained by individuals.
- A sports regulatory body in relation to online allegations published against it and some of its members.
- A Belgian-based broadcaster of political developments and social news for foreign-based Kurdish viewers whose channel was obstructed by a social media platform.
- A supplier of specialist surveying equipment and provider of construction consulting services in pursuit and defence of Circuit Court and High Court litigation seeking damages for alleged contractual breaches.
- A hotel group in relation to the progression of internal grievance and disciplinary processes arising from workplace incidents.
- A nursing home regarding internal investigations into alleged governance and administrative inefficiencies during the covid-19 pandemic.
- An international retailer. Robert has represented this client before the Workplace Relations Commission against complaints raised by former employees.
- A parking management company on a range of contentious and non-contentious matters including equal status claims brought against it.
- Robert has published articles on LinkedIn relating to employment law.
- From home or not, that is the question but what is the answer? >
- Admitted as a Solicitor in 2014
- Certificate in Legal Ethics and Lawyering Skills, Law Society of Ireland, 2012
- LLB, National University of Ireland, Galway, 2006
- BA, National University of Ireland, Galway, 2004
- Professional Memberships
- Member of the Dublin Solicitor’s Bar Association