Joanne is an associate in the litigation team and has experience in advising on a broad range of commercial disputes, in particular partnership, shareholder and director disputes and insurance based matters. In addition to being familiar with High Court proceedings, Joanne also deals with arbitration and has been involved in both ICC and LCIA matters.
Work highlights include:
- Being part of a team that successfully defended, at a four week trial, a multimillion pound commercial contract claim brought under the LCIA rules for losses incurred as a result of allegedly defective flooring products. As well as the claim being defended, the client was successful in its counterclaim for unpaid invoices and was awarded substantial damages as well as costs.
- Defending an urgent springboard injunction and breach of restrictive covenant claim, acting for a number of senior employees of a multinational company.
- Acting in a number of partnership disputes in both the legal and healthcare sectors and advising partners of a national law firm on a high profile exit and team move.
- Advising on a derivative action against directors of a PLC in relation to the diversion of business and assets, and settling the matter before the need to issue Court proceedings.
- Being the lead fee earner in a claim brought in the High Court which sought a declaration as to the ownership of shares in a company whereby it was disputed whether or not such shares had been properly transferred. The claim involved allegations of fraud and serious misconduct.
- Professional Memberships
- Pro Manchester
- Future Pro Manchester