Alastair has been involved in some of the highest profile deals to have taken place in Scotland in the last few years and has a formidable reputation as a deal maker and strategic adviser. Alastair is dual qualified for Scotland and England/Wales and acts for an impressive list of clients which includes institutions and other FCA regulated bodies, private and overseas investors, as well as private property companies.
Alastair has extensive experience of the real estate market, particularly portfolio acquisitions, student accommodation development, investment acquisitions and disposals and asset management.
Alastair is part of our student housing sector team.
- Acquisition, subsequent asset management, development and break up of several mixed use portfolios, including a predominantly retail portfolio of 42 properties for £120million, and a predominantly industrial and office portfolio of 20 properties for £60million
- Acquisition and development of five separate sites for student accommodation, comprising a cumulative total of 930 studios for Hong Kong and Singaporean regulated funds, managed through a UK based FCA regulated private equity investment house.
- Acquisition and break up of several cross border residential portfolios, including a portfolio of 1,363 properties for £157million from a major UK high street bank, and a portfolio of 511 units across 18 blocks for in excess of £50million.
- Asset management of several shopping centres on behalf of both a listed UK REIT and a large private property company.
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- University of Aberdeen - LLB (Hons)
- University of Aberdeen - Diploma in Professional Legal Practice
- Year qualified - 1998
"Alastair Cowan is recommended"
Legal 500 2015