Paul is a partner in our Construction & Engineering team based in Manchester. In addition to his 18 years as a specialist solicitor, he is a former contracts manager and industry consultant.
His experience covers diverse national and international projects such as hospitals, schools, power generation, chemical facilities, civil engineering and infrastructure works, sports stadiums, heritage projects, PFI schemes, major commercial and mixed use development projects.
His expertise encompasses standard and bespoke construction and engineering contracts such as JCT, NEC, ICE and IChem E suites together with associated documentation such as appointments, warranties, parent company guarantees and the construction/engineering aspects of PFI agreements, development agreements and agreements for lease.
He has acted for parties of all disciplines including contractors, employers, consultants, sub-contractors, insurers and funders and his experience covers contract drafting/negotiation and dispute resolution such as including adjudication, arbitration, Litigation and ADR. He also regularly speaks on contract and legal matters including a recent national series of seminars on the NEC4 suite.
- Acting on a multimillion pound adjudication in relation to a claims under a design and construct plant/engineering contract at a major refinery complex
- Acting in respect of multiple and complex contract drafting, disputes and settlements arising out of a series of related contracts concerning design and construction of a major mining development
- Advising in relation to claims arising from incomplete works and defects at a major water de-salination facility
- Advising on a series of complex framework agreements for major rail infrastructure works
- Acting on a number of complex adjudications, litigations and settlements concerning several final accounts and defects on a series of major commercial developments in central London
- Coronavirus – Construction & Engineering Contracts – Delay & Expense