Nicola is a Managing Associate in the Financial Regulation team at Addleshaw Goddard specialising in payments and retail banking. Nicola has experience advising banks, payment and e-money firms and Fintechs on their regulatory compliance, digital transformation and regulatory change projects. Nicola has a particular interest in the transformative impact of new technologies, such as blockchain and cryptoassets, in the payments sector.
Some of Nicola's recent experience includes:
- advising on the UK's implementation of the EU's Second Payment Services Directive, with a particular focus on strong customer authentication and open banking
- leading firms through the FCA authorisation process and helping them to design compliant policies and processes to satisfy ongoing prudential and conduct requirements
- assisting firms in understanding the regulatory treatment of payment and e-money products as well as related perimeter issues.
- advising on the technical aspects of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, with particular focus on the application of legislation to digital customer journeys for regulated credit and hire products.
- supporting financial institutions to navigate compliance with complex PRA and FCA requirements on resolvability, operational resilience and material outsourcing arrangements.