Mark is a specialist non-contentious construction and engineering lawyer. He has extensive experience of acting for institutional investors, as well as for employers and developers, utility companies, funders and operators / end users on a variety of large scale projects, and of working for public and private sector clients.
Mark's experience includes:
- Advising Peel Media in relation to the original base build development of (and all major subsequent development at) its international hub for technology, innovation and creativity, MediaCityUK, at Salford Quays, Greater Manchester.
- Acting for Muse Developments (and its associated Waterside Places, Ician and English City Fund vehicles) on variety of its significant developments, including advising on:
the £160m+ mixed use re-development of the Lambeth civic quarter - including the delivery of new (private and affordable) homes, a new civic building and refurbished listed town hall;
the award winning regeneration of Bretford Lock West – a residential-led scheme constructed over three phases;
Logic Leeds – the 1.4m sq foot distribution hub (including associated forward funding deals) and on the redevelopment of the South Shields transport interchange as part of South Shields 365;
a variety of residential led developments at Smithfield, Stockton on Tees, Doncaster, Hucknall and Islington Wharf.
- Advising United Utilities in relation to their £100m+ Davyhulme and Oldham wastewater facilities projects. In addition, advising in relation to other large scale development projects across their water and waste water treatment networks e.g. Cumbrian Super Water Pipe and the Blackburn Wastewater Treatment Works schemes.
- Advising Aberdeen Standard Investments on numerous schemes over 12+ years including the forward funding of student accommodation and warehouse and office premises, portfolio acquisitions, new build development and BAU acquisitions, disposal and lettings.
- Leading construction based technology projects (in collaboration with our Innovation and Legal Technology team) – including on an award winning contracts automation portal which allows the automatic generation of call-offs under framework agreements.
- Advising National Grid Property on the construction aspects of the remediation of its existing surplus property portfolio (including advising as to the terms of its associated framework agreements).
- Advising a FTSE 100 client on (and drafted all of the construction contracts for) the development of a new state of the art £100m advanced manufacturing and technology facility - the substantial business critical fit-out / machine and equipment move.