Hannah is a Managing Associate in the Dispute Resolution team, specialising in commercial litigation. She acts for a wide range of clients including FTSE 100 corporates, high net worth individuals and prominent businesses.
Hannah advises on a range of commercial disputes including claims arising under contracts and tortious disputes. She has a particular interest in IT disputes, high value complex litigation and claims involving fraud. She is noted for her ability to deal with complex issues and her strategic vision.
A no nonsense practitioner, Hannah works closely with clients to agree sensible cost-effective strategies for managing disputes. She has acted for clients in commercial disputes in the High Court and also has experience of resolving disputes through alternative dispute resolution, including expert determination, negotiation and mediation.
This includes advising clients on:
- IT disputes, including software licensing disputes defending companies against claims by major software suppliers (including acting for Diageo in the leading case in this area: SAP UK Limited v Diageo Great Britain Limited  EWHC 189 (TCC)).
- Assisting a customer on a large scale dispute with supplier relating to complex IT project, including in relation to changes in specification/scope, project delivery delays and performance failures.
- Acting for two high net worth individuals and four professional trustees bringing claims arising out of the demerger of a complex organisation relating to a multi-million pound VAT contingency.
- Acting for a global engineering company pursuing £10m of deferred consideration under a Sale and Purchase Agreement where the contract provided for expert determination.
- Defending an industrial business facing business critical proceedings relating to alleged emissions from its manufacturing operations.