Chris is a Managing Associate in the Leeds Real Estate team. Having gained extensive experience of a wide range of property transactions he now specialises on projects in the energy, transport and healthcare sectors of the firm's practice.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising London Luton Airport Limited in relation to the acquisition and development of trackside land and the negotiations with rail operators as part of the £200m Luton Airport DART project.
- A member of a cross departmental team advising in relation to an extension of the London Overground to the Barking Riverside development. Acting on the client's behalf on the negotiations with TfL regarding crucial rights required in connection with the project; and the preparation and negotiation of site investigation licences and protective provisions agreements against the backdrop of the application to the Secretary of State for Transport for a Transport and Works Act Order.
- Acting for West Midlands Combined Authority on the 11.5km Wednesbury to Brierly Hill Extension of the Midland Metro.
- Acting for West Midlands Rail Executive and Transport for West Midlands on the redevelopment of University Station as part of the expansion of Birmingham University and the on-going development of University Hospital Birmingham and major regeneration of the surrounding area.
- Advising a global investment company on the acquisition of various waste to energy projects including a 25MW greenfield energy from waste gasification facility and an 18MW non-recyclable refuse derived fuel facility.
- Professional Memberships
- The Law Society