Neil acts for clients across all areas of real estate, ranging from property investment work, through to occupier and developer work. Neil represents a number of institutional clients, as well as other property companies who are active in both the investment and development sectors. He has in particular been busy in the last few years in the alternative asset classes acting for a highly acquisitive care home operator in acquisitions both north and south of the border, as well as a number of deals in the children's nursery, hotel and student accommodation sectors.
On the occupier front, Neil acts for a number of retailers and office occupiers as well as a national trampoline centre operator.
Neil has also throughout the years been heavily involved in real estate finance work, and maintains relations with most major funders in the real estate finance sector, including Royal Bank of Scotland, HSBC Bank plc, Barclays Bank plc, Santander and Handelsbanken amongst others.
Neil's recent experience includes:
- Purchase from Standard Life of landmark building at 4-8 St Andrew Square for German pension fund, one of the largest mixed-use investment acquisitions in Scotland in recent years ;
- Acting for German investor in the acquisition of an office block let to Computershare Limited in central Edinburgh
- Ongoing work for very active care home operator/developer in relation to their acquisition programme, both north and south of the border
- Sale of retail unit on Princes Street, Edinburgh, let to Marks & Spencer
- Acting for a student accommodation developer in respect of developments in Aberdeen and Edinburgh
- Acting for a children's nursery operator in building up a portfolio of children's nurseries
- Professional Memberships
- Writer to the Signet
- Investment Property Forum
- British Property Federation
"He has a good eye for detail, makes good commercial points and will come to a good, common-sense agreement."
Chambers UK 2018
"Always a very charming person to deal with. He is business-like and cuts to the nub of the matter”
Chambers UK 2014
"Clear commercial advice, cutting through the legal jargon and quickly identifying and concentrating on the important issues from our point of view"
Graeme McNaughton, Barclays Bank plc