Aziz advises on a broad range of contentious insolvency and restructuring matters.
He acts for insolvency practitioners, directors, secured and unsecured creditors, shareholders, and other stakeholders affected by financial distress.
Aziz is a member of R3 and holds the Certificate of Proficiency in Insolvency qualification.
Representative experience includes advising:
- The officeholders on their disputed application to convert the administration to compulsory liquidation, and associated litigation
- A hedge fund in relation to its opposition to Premier Oil Plc’s proposed schemes of arrangement
- The directors in successfully bringing an administration application in respect of a state-owned bank
- A director in defending substantial claims brought by liquidators concerning an alleged invalid share buyback, misfeasance, transactions defrauding creditors and wrongful trading
- The liquidators of a significant manufacturing group in investigating its assets and advising on the pursuit and resolution of various claims arising in the estate
- AMC Entertainment and the Odeon Group on their refinancing and restructuring options
- Doncasters on the Dundee Holdco administration application and the implementation of its scheme of arrangement via a pre-pack administration sale