In the area of Civil Fraud and Corporate Crime, many FTSE100 (and equivalently sized private companies), international corporations and high profile high net worth individuals turn to Addleshaw Goddard as their preferred team.
We have one of the largest teams of specialist lawyers amongst the major City law firms, a track record of dealing with the largest cases in the Commercial Courts, and dedicated expertise across the following areas:
- Large-scale civil fraud claims (disputes involving breach of contract, breach of trust, breach of fiduciary duties, fraudulent misrepresentations, the economic torts)
- Interim remedies (including freezing orders, disclosure orders, search orders, receivership orders, passport deliver up orders, Norwich Pharmacal orders)
- International asset tracing and recovery (including experience advising in relation to disputes involving payments to and from offshore trusts, disputes relating to sham trusts and so called "trust busting" litigation)
- Investigations and enforcement action under the Financial Services and Markets Act (FSMA) 2000
- Responding to "dawn raids"
- Bribery – including offences under the Bribery Act 2010
- Money Laundering – including offences under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and the Money Laundering Regulations
- Insider Dealing and Market Abuse – including offences under the Criminal Justice Act 1993
- Criminal Fraud – including offences under the Fraud Act 2006
- Compliance – advice relating to AML and ABC policies and compliance