Richard is an expert in a wide range of employment law issues from senior executive appointments and terminations, large-scale reorganisations/redundancy programmes, Employment Tribunal claims and the employment aspects of corporate transactions (including mergers and acquisitions, outsourcings and restructurings). Richard works for clients including Co-op, Global, Morgan Stanley and William Hill.
- Advising high street retailer on the planning, coordination and implementation of closing 700 shops.
- Advising major investment bank of various large-scale restructuring programmes.
- Regularly advising on Employment Tribunal litigation (e.g. discrimination, whistleblowing and unfair dismissal claims) and currently advising a large retailer in relation to a high profile/value equal pay claim which was defeated at the EAT and is due to be heard at the Court of Appeal.
- Regularly advising on senior executive recruitment and terminations (including corporate governance best practice).
- Advising on complex multijurisdictional outsourcing projects involving the TUPE transfer of employees.
- Professional memberships
- Employment Lawyers Association
- European Employment Lawyers Association
- Employment Law Alliance