Stuart has over 20 years’ experience advising industrial, commercial and public service clients on all aspects of environmental and health and safety (EHS) law, providing:
- strategic and operational compliance advice;
- regulatory enforcement advice and representation; and
- advising on EHS issues in the context of transactions and projects.
He regularly provides thought leadership on developments in EHS law, for example speaking on diverse subjects such as: sustainability and the competitive business; EHS governance; regulatory implications of Brexit; developments with EU environmental liability, water quality and permitting legislation; climate change law; and off-shore decommissioning.
- Venator Materials on diverse regulatory matters including chemicals regulation, climate change, waste management, permitting and legacy sites.
- Elementis Chromium: providing full EHS support in relation to the closure of its chromium manufacturing facility in Teesside, UK. Work has included complex permitting and planning issues relating to remediation and restoration of parts of the site; radioactive substance issues and water resource considerations.
- Vertellus Specialties UK on a broad range of EHS matters.
- Nissan: acting for the UK and European businesses on the full spectrum of UK and European EHS issues.
- Banks Group: advising this energy business on various regulatory matters including legal proceedings arising from climate protestors disrupting mining operations, challenging legislative changes to coal usage and regulator engagement.
Represents corporate and public sector clients in all manner of environment and health and safety regulatory proceedings and investigations...He's a rigorous lawyer and a very thorough litigator