Sarah is a Managing Associate in our contentious construction, engineering and projects team based in Manchester. Sarah trained and qualified with Addleshaw Goddard LLP where she has now practiced as a qualified lawyer for the last 6 years, working in our Manchester, London and Hong Kong offices during this time.
Sarah's practice has a specific Infrastructure Projects focus and she has acted for numerous domestic and international public and private sector clients, in respect of historical and ongoing Project disputes in adjudication, arbitration and litigation proceedings. In addition, Sarah regularly advises clients in relation to dispute avoidance and dispute resolution.
Sarah has strong experience of disputes involving complicated and multi-tier contracts with a particular focus on healthcare.
- Advising an NHS Foundation Trust on potential options for termination and on a multi- party mediation process resulting in a multi-million pound settlement.
- Advising Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospital Trust in respect of significant delays to the completiong of a large acute hospital and the subsequent termination of its 25 year contract following the liquidation of the main contractor.
- Acting for a private sector company in £multimillion disputes arising out of fire compartmentation defects at a Hospital. The dispute gave rise to potential substantial liabilities in respect of payment deductions and remedial costs.
- Advising a local Trust in a series of adjudications and negotiations arising out of the construction and maintenance of a large, acute PFI Hospital. Disputes related to issues of contractual interpretation and legislative compliance.
- Acting for an SPV in relation to £40m claims regarding defective pipework at a major acute hospital in England.
- Advising an NHS Foundation Trust in respect of a significant dispute in relation to the existence and rectification of defects, with a particular focus on fire stopping and render defects at an NHS PFI Hospital in England.
- Acting for a local Trust on a PFI Hospital in relation to defects in flooring and significant service failings by the SPV.
- Advising a Japanese contractor on a successful ICC arbitration award against four Tanzanian parties in relation to a dispute concerning delays and alleged defects in the construction of a major new highway in Tanzania and the enforcement of the same in the UK, USA and the UAE.
- Acting for a Government entity in the Middle East in relation to significant defects and service failings in a large energy from waste facility.
- Acting for a Government entity in the Middle East in relation to delay claims on a large travel network.
- Acting for a contractor based in Saudi Arabia in relation to claims for additional payment in relation to energy facilities.
- Acting for a Private Finance Initiate special purpose vechicle and its funders contractor in relation to arbiration proceedings in respect of circa £50m disputes regarding delays to a waste PFI project.
- Advising a contractor in relation to significant delay claims and associated claims for liquidated damages in respect of the refurbishment of a large food packaging facility.
- Acting for a local authority on a significant dispute under a Building Schools for the Future PFI Scheme.
- Advising Ealing Care Alliance Ltd in its recently reported (and successful) dispute with the Council of the London Borough of Ealing ( EWHC 2630 (TCC)) in respect of a utilities benchmarking dispute.
- Acting for a local authority in a TCC Claim relating to a LIFT contract including significant issues of contractual interperation relating to the application of a Payment Mechanism. Community 1st Oldham (Chadderton) Ltd v Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council  EWHC 1263 (TCC)
- Queens University Belfast, First Class LLB Hons,
- BPP, Manchester Legal Practice Course