Sarah is a contentious construction, engineering and projects Associate based in Manchester. Sarah trained and qualified with Addleshaw Goddard LLP where she has now practiced as a qualified lawyer for the last 5 years, working in our Manchester, London and Hong Kong offices during this time.
Sarah's practice has a specific Infrastructure Projects focus and she has acted for numerous domestic and international public and private sector clients, in respect of historical and ongoing Project disputes in adjudication, arbitration and litigation proceedings. In addition, Sarah regularly advises clients in relation to dispute avoidance and dispute resolution.
Sarah has strong experience of disputes involving complicated and multi-tier contracts and has recently spent the last 2 years advising a contractor on a complicated delay claim involving circa 84 delay events against both its Employer and Sub Contractor.
- Advising a Japanese contractor on a successful ICC arbitration award against four Tanzanian parties in relation to a dispute concerning delays and alleged defects in the construction of a major new highway in Tanzania and the enforcement of the same in the UK, USA and the UAE.
- Acting for a Private Finance Initiate special purpose vechicle and its funders contractor in relation to arbiration proceedings in respect of circa £50m disputes regarding delays to a waste PFI project.
- Advising a contractor in relation to significant delay claims and associated claims for liquidated damages in respect of the refurbishment of a large food packaging facility.
- Advising an NHS Foundation Trust on potential options for termination and on a multi- party mediation process resulting in a multi-million pound settlement.
- Advising Ealing Care Alliance Ltd in its recently reported (and successful) dispute with the Council of the London Borough of Ealing ( EWHC 2630 (TCC)) in respect of a utilities benchmarking dispute.
- Advising Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospital Trust in respect of significant delays to the completiong of a large acute hospital and the subsequent termination of its 25 year contract following the liquidation of the main contractor.
- Acting for a local authority in a TCC Claim relating to a LIFT contract including significant issues of contractual interperation relating to the application of a Payment Mechanism. Community 1st Oldham (Chadderton) Ltd v Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council  EWHC 1263 (TCC)
- Acting for a private sector company in £multimillion disputes arising out of fire compartmentation defects at a Hospital. The dispute gave rise to potential substantial liabilities in respect of payment deductions and remedial costs.
- Advising a local Trust in a series of adjudications and negotiations arising out of the construction and maintenance of a large, acute PFI Hospital. Disputes related to issues of contractual interpretation and legislative compliance.
- Acting for a local authority on a significant dispute under a Building Schools for the Future PFI Scheme.
- Acting for an SPV in relation to £40m claims regarding defective pipework at a major acute hospital in England.
- Acting for the Ministry of Environment in Qatar in respect of a dispute with its service provider in respect of an energy from waste facility in respect of its PFI/PPP Contract
- Advising Qatar Rail in respect of a $1.5billion dispute with its main contractor on the Metro in Doha
- Acting for Arabian Bemco in respect of a multiple arbitrations in relation to multiple energy facilities in Saudi Arabia