Emma is a Legal Director in the Restructuring team in Scotland, qualified in England and Wales and working in Edinburgh since 2015. Emma deals with all types of restructuring and formal insolvencies. Emma acts for and regularly provides advice to lenders, corporates and insolvency practitioners on debt restructuring, rescue finance, pre pack administrations, security enforcement and English litigation to recover debts and assets.
Emma’s experience includes bank led distressed turnarounds, restructuring and distressed disposals. Emma has also been involved in significant debt portfolio disposals by lenders and is now acting for the assignee in collecting out the portfolio. Emma enjoys contentious insolvency work arising from the collect out of debts whether acting for the lender or insolvency practitioner to maximise returns to creditors.
- Advising lenders in relation to administration financing to enable environmental clean-up of potential development sites
- Advising lenders in relation to finance to LPA Receivers to enable the final phase of a build of a significant high-end residential development
- Acting for Administrators in various sectors and businesses including NHS pharmacies, mine clearance and armoured vehicle businesses
- Advising lenders in relation to financial restructurings and disposal of assets by agricultural customers and maximising security via agricultural floating charges and security over identifiable farming assets and produce
- Pursuing secured and unsecured liabilities for both lenders and insolvency practitioners via the English Courts.
- Scotland: guide to the appointment of a provisional liquidator - LexisNexis
- Scotland: antecedent transactions by corporate debtors - LexisNexis
- The Insolvency (Scotland) (Company Voluntary Arrangement and Administration) Rules 2018—administrations - LexisNexis
- The Insolvency (Scotland) (Company Voluntary Arrangement and Administration) Rules 2018—company voluntary arrangements (CVAs) - LexisNexis
- Year Qualified
- Newnham College, Cambridge University – BA Hons (in Law) (1999)
- LPC, College of Law, York (2000)
- Restructuring Diploma – College of Law / DLA Piper
- Professional memberships
- Associate Member of R3