Emma is a Legal Director in the Restructuring team in Scotland and is qualified in England and Wales. Emma deals with all types of insolvency and restructuring. Emma regularly acts for and advises lenders, corporates and insolvency practitioners in all aspects of insolvency.
Emma’s experience includes bank led distressed turnarounds, restructuring and distressed disposals. Emma has also been involved in significant debt portfolio disposals by lenders and is now acting for the assignee in collecting out the portfolio. Emma enjoys contentious insolvency work arising from the collect out of debts whether acting for the lender or insolvency practitioner to maximise returns to creditors.
- Advising lenders and borrows in relation to restructuring and insolvency options, providing support to partners in the team and supporting more junior members in their development.
- Negotiating standstills and restructurings of distressed companies, lender side.
- Acting for various lenders in relation to maximising security from borrowers.
- Acting for lenders in relation to loan portfolio sale, by way of both asset sale disposals and loan / security assignations.
- Pursuing secured and unsecured liabilities for both lenders and insolvency practitioners.
- Professional memberships
- Associate Member of R3
- Newnham College, Cambridge University – BA Hons (in Law) 2:1 (1999)
- LPC, College of Law, York (2000)
- Restructuring Diploma – College of Law / DLA Piper
- Year qualified (2002)