Valerie is a Counsel in our Singapore office. She has extensive experience in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions (with a focus on share and asset acquisitions), joint ventures, as well as general corporate and commercial law. She has acted on both strategic and financial acquisitions and has advised both buy-side and sell-side parties. She has advised domestic and foreign companies of all sizes, funds and government-linked companies that operate across several sectors of the market, including technology, energy, healthcare and education.
Valerie is triple qualified and has practised law in major firms in Singapore, Hong Kong and London.
- Acted for Grab, a Singapore-based superapp, on its strategic partnership and investment into PT Trans Retail, one of Indonesia's largest hypermarket chains.
- Acted for Mitsui, a Japanese conglomerate, on its investment in Indonesian solar energy startup, Xurya.
- Acted for NCS, a subsidiary of Singtel, on its acquisition of Velocity Business Solutions, a Hong Kong data analytics firm.
- Acted for a Chinese real estate developer in its sale of shares in a Hong Kong real estate business to a South Korean private equity firm.
- Acted for Singapore Press Holdings on its investment in Han Language Centre, an established brand name in the Chinese language education scene in Singapore.
- National University of Singapore – LLB (Hons) (2009)
- Australian National University – LLB (Hons) (2006)