Tim has significant experience advising insolvency practitioners and financial institutions on all legal matters arising from corporate insolvencies with a particular emphasis on non-contentious aspects. He also has considerable experience advising financial institutions and distressed companies in corporate restructurings where formal insolvency procedures can be avoided. The last 5 years has seen a particular emphasis on acting for distressed investors seeking to acquire non-performing loans or turnaround opportunities.
- advising Ernst & Young as the joint administrators of the Hewden Stuart group of companies
- advising a syndicate of banks on the restructuring of the facilities provided to the Whitworths group, the dried fruit, nut and snack product supplier.
- advising JD Sports Fashion plc on the sale of Bank Fashion Limited
- advising Wolseley Plc in respect of their acquisition of the business and assets of Burdens Limited
- advising Deutsche Bank on the acquisition and workout of the Project Forth portfolio of loans and securities (sold by Lloyds Banking Group)
- advising Loanstar/Hudsons on the workout of the £100m Olympia portfolio of loans
- Year qualified
- BA Law with Criminology, University of Sheffield (2:1)
- College of Law, Chester (Distinction)