Charlotte advises on environmental compliance as part of M&A and Real Estate transactions as well as providing standalone environmental advice on wide-ranging and often complex aspects of environmental law, including permitting, waste and ESG-related issues.
She has also been involved in assisting several clients facing investigation by environmental regulators.
- Representing a food and beverage plc client being prosecuted by a water company for drain blockages and damage to foul drainage infrastructure.
- assisting with the drafting of an offer of Enforcement Undertaking for an an international chemicals sector client following an investigation in respect of alleged breaches of the environmental permitting regime and for a manufacturing client following breaches of the Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) Regulations 2007.
- advising a number of multi-national retail & consumer clients on environmental claims being made regarding their products and within advertising campaigns, particularly with regard to the application of the Green Claims Code.
- Advising Terra Firma in respect of the environmental risks and liabilities regarding the acquisition of Kier Living, which has now been rebranded as Tilia Homes.
- drafting and negotiating environmental and remediation strategy contractual provisions (including scenarios with operational assets).
- Professional Memberships
- UK Environmental Law Association (UKELA)