Charlotte advises on all aspects of environmental compliance, risks and liabilities and assists her colleagues in advising on complex regulatory regimes such as REACH, environmental permitting, waste classifications, and contaminated land. Charlotte is also involved in providing post-Brexit interpretation and governance advice.
She has also been involved in assisting several clients facing investigation by environmental regulators.
Recent work highlights include:
- Assisting a number of clients within the waste and food and beverage sectors with the drafting of written statements to the Environment Agency in lieu of attending an interview under caution
- Assisting an international chemicals sector client with the drafting of an Enforcement Undertaking following an investigation in respect of alleged breaches of the environmental permitting regime
- Advising on the environmental permits and consents for a funder in respect of the Walney Extension, which is the world's largest operational offshore wind farm, to an OFTO.
- Advising a water utility company on its options, powers and duties to acquire access to private land for environmental monitoring and mitigation works
- Drafting and negotiating environmental and remediation strategy contractual provisions (including scenarios with operational assets).
- Professional Memberships
- UK Environmental Law Association (UKELA)