George is a two year PQE associate in in the Leeds construction and engineering team. George's practice spans a wide range of both contentious and non-contentious construction work for a range of clients. George's more recent work focusses on the impact of cladding and fire safety following the Grenfell Tower fire and the subsequent implementation of the Building Safety Act 2022.
- Acting for a university in respect of the remediation of cladding affixed to their student accommodation blocks.
- Acting for a university in respect of an adjudication in relation to a delay and defects dispute in respect of new agricultural teaching facilities.
- Acting for a charity in respect of a large number of defects in respect of one of their historic buildings.
- Acting for a large retailer in respect of updating their PPM and reactive maintenance frameworks including substantial bespoke drafting.
- Acting for a large PAIF in respect of various construction projects throughout its property portfolio including implementing suites of construction contracts, appointments and subsequent warranties.
- BPP University – Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice – 2018 – Distinction
- University of York – LLB Law – 2017 – First Class Honours