Brian joined the Restructuring team in 2022. Brian specialises in contentious and non-contentious aspects of insolvency, restructuring and sports litigation.
Brian has a particular focus on post appointment contentious work. Brian regularly acts for office holders (administrators, liquidators and trustees in bankruptcy) in bringing claims in relation to insolvent companies. Brian's contentious work includes antecedent, restitutionary and trust claims including misfeasance, wrongful trading, preferences, transactions defrauding creditors resulting in returns for creditors. Brian has also advised several Premier League and EFL football clubs in relation to a number of commercial disputes and regulatory breaches.
Brian's recent examples include:
- Assisting the liquidators of a large national professional practices firm with reviewing and pursuing asset realisations.
- Advising and defending an administrator against a potential challenge to the validity of a CVA.
- Advising directors of distressed companies on their duties.
- Defending directors against potential claims brought by office holders following an event of insolvency.
- Advising a Premier League Football Club in relation to a number of breaches of The FA's Rules and Regulations.
- Advising several EFL Football Clubs on a number of commercial disputes.
- Advising on a number of football club insolvencies.
Recent reported case in which Brian played a leading role includes Richmondshire District Council v Dealmaster Ltd and another  EWHC 2892 (Ch).
- University of Durham – LLB Law (2000)
- Inns Court School of Law – BVC (2002)
- University of Durham Business School – MBA (2016)
- BPP School of Law – LPC (2017)