Bethany trained at the firm for two years before qualifying into the Transactional Real Estate department in September 2021.
Since qualifying, Bethany has been involved in a wide-range of day-to-day asset management work for a number of institutional landlords, including abrdn and Federated Hermes. In addition to landlord and tenant work, Bethany also handles sales and acquisitions for retail and transport sector clients. More recently, she has developed her experience in the renewable energy sector, taking the lead in the ongoing roll-out of solar PV panels at a variety of properties within the abrdn portfolio.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting on the disposal programme for numerous Natwest Pension Trustee assets, including the sale of One Valpy, Reading;
- Assisting on the forward fund pre-sale of the transformational global glass research and innovation facility, Glass Futures, in St Helens;
- Acting for Federated Hermes on occupational tenancy pre-lets, substation leases and wayleave connectivity for numerous buildings on the Wellington Place Estate;
- Advising on the property aspects of abrdn's ongoing solar PV installation exercise, including drafting and negotiating lease variations and co-ordinating with the Projects team on power purchase arrangements; and
- Managing property transactions at multi-let estate assets for institutional landlords including Lothian Pension Fund and abrdn.