Kerry is a Legal Director with over twenty years of experience in the structured finance and debt capital markets sectors. He has worked in London at top-level European and U.S. law firms in private practice for the majority of his career and has also worked in-house and on secondment at major global investment banks. He was a member of the global markets legal team for a major European bank and also spent a year on the trading floor as the desk lawyer for the loan funds desk of a major U.S. investment bank around the time of the credit crunch in 2008.
Kerry has particular experience in complex cross-border structured financing transactions, including public and private securitisations, banks' proprietary note issuance programmes and other structured products. He has a wealth of experience representing all types of market participants, providing both advisory and transactional assistance to leading financial institutions, global investment banks, arrangers, issuers and collateral managers across Europe, the U.S., Asia and Australia.
Kerry is skilled across a wide range of structured finance products including off-balance sheet financings, loan sales, receivables and warehouse financings, repackagings, private placements, project bonds, whole business securitisations, emerging markets financing and all aspects of offshore SPVs. He is familiar with all aspects of bond listings and obtaining ratings where applicable. Kerry also has experience in portfolio purchases and sales and all matters relating to liaising with bondholders.
Kerry's experience includes:
- Securitisations and other structured financings in the bank, bond and loan markets, secured and unsecured, rated and unrated, covering a wide variety of asset classes. In particular, Kerry has a depth of experience in CLOs and structured warehouse transactions including pre-funding arrangements, together with receivables acquisition and sale arrangements
- Numerous CLOs and other structured products, including structuring, advising on regulatory matters and overseeing due diligence of loan portfolios
- Bespoke loan fund private placements for the structured products desks on secondment at major U.S. investment bank and working for major European investment bank
- Consolidation of major investment managers, including Key Man analysis
- Major international loan and asset sales, including all aspects of the due diligence process, directing all matters relating to the instruction of local counsel and transaction execution
- All aspects of proprietary MTN programmes including asset-backed MTNS, vanilla and complex repackagings, structured bond issues and related asset swaps
- Emerging markets working pertaining in particular to Eastern Europe and South America, including lending to sovereigns and local treasuries.