Gorvinder Pannu is a Partner in our GCC employment practice, based in Muscat. She is an experienced employment lawyer with more than 20 years of practice, including over a decade in the GCC.
Gorvinder specialises on contentious and non-contentious employment matters both in Oman and the UK. She regularly advises multinational and local companies across all sectors, in particular oil and gas, power and water, transportation, TMT, education, and financial institutions, and delivers training sessions and workshops to clients on various employment topics. Gorvinder has particular expertise on union legislation and industrial action.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Gorvinder has practiced in a leading international law firm in Muscat and in a local UK authority as in-house counsel in London.
- Advising upon the employment implications of organisational change, mergers and acquisitions
- Drafting and advising on senior executive contracts of employment, non-disclosure agreements, secondments, consultancy arrangements and provision of services agreements
- Drafting HR policies and employee handbooks, and advising on terms and conditions of employment, including leave entitlements, working hours, pay and related issues
- Advising on issues relating to grievances, disciplinary matters and termination of employment, conducting settlement negotiations, and drafting settlement agreements
- Advising clients on union issues and illegal industrial action during Oman's 2011 Arab Spring and subsequently, and drafting terms of reference between employers and unions, union constitutions, and collective agreements
- Conducting litigation in respect of a full range of employment disputes at mediation and the Primary, Appeal and Supreme Courts
- Advising and assisting clients facing prosecution for employment visa violations and breaches of the Oman Labour Law
- Law Society qualification date: 1997
- The College of Law (now The University of Law), Guildford - Law Society Final Examination
- LLB (Hons)
Quoted in as receiving "enthusiastic praise from clients for her concise and articulate advice," clients also note "she is responsive and always ensures that everyone is up to speed as events unfold."
- Download our PDF guides for expertise in the GCC
You can contact Gorvinder in our GCC offices:
- +971 4350 6437 (Dubai)
- +968 2495 0705 (Oman)
- +974 4019 0300 (Qatar)
Our GCC presence comprises offices in Dubai, Doha and Muscat and our lawyers are all long-term residents in the region.