Charlotte is an Associate in our Commercial Litigation team in Leeds. Charlotte has experience of a wide range of complex, high value disputes across a number of sectors, including procurement challenges, contractual claims and public law challenges such as judicial review. She has experience of assisting clients with finding solutions, either through early pre-action correspondence, mediation or formal court proceedings.
Examples of Charlotte's recent experience includes:
- Acting for a large contracting authority established by the UK government, defending a procurement challenge from an unsuccessful bidder under The Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016 for the construction of a major nation-wide project in the transport sector.
- Acting for a large pharmaceuticals and diagnostics company in relation to its procurement challenge against a public body to provide diagnostic testing, including advising on a judicial review challenge.
- Advising a leading supplier of ambulances in the UK and across Europe in relation to a public law challenge, including the risks of and procedure for bringing a judicial review challenge.
- Acting for a large investment company in relation to its purchase of a company operating a biomass fuel plant and advising on a breach of warranty claim valued at approximately £11m.
- Assisting a large construction services business to successfully persuade a public authority to reconsider its procurement evaluation, avoiding the need for formal legal proceedings, in line with our client's objectives.
- Acting for a leading drinks dispense service supplier in relation to a contractual dispute for unlawful termination and advising on all forms of alternative dispute resolution, including exchange of without prejudice correspondence to help bring about a pre-action settlement.
- Advising a leading global asset manager on its contractual obligations and its approach to early termination of a contract, in order to avoid a claim being brought against it.