Associate advising on all maritime matters, including contentious and non-contentious projects in conjunction with the wider Shipping and Banking teams. Chloe joined the firm in 2018, having trained and practiced in litigation and now deals with all aspects of marine transactions including offshore renewable energy and oilfield services. Chloe provides support to transactions through assessment, advice and drafting of shipping documents including sale & purchase, charterparties and ship finance structures. She brings experience of dispute resolution and dispute avoidance. Chloe has worked for a wide range of clients including ship owners and charterers, insurance providers, financial institutions, energy suppliers and public bodies.
Among Chloe's recent experience:
- sale of luxury yacht by a bank as mortgagee-in-possession
- sale of an anchor-handling supply vessel on behalf of Greek owner to Turkish interests
- sale of platform support vessel by Administrators from a distressed situation to private equity fund
- providing support to a Scottish public body during a Parliamentary inquiry
- advising on a dispute between an energy supplier and consultants where inadequate environmental reports had disrupted permissions
- advising on pre-action and litigated disputes on jurisdiction, property damage, time delay, build defects and personal injury