Sarah specialises in non-contentious construction law and advises in the review, drafting and negotiation of all construction documentation (including building contracts, professional team appointments, performance security and other ancillary documentation). Sarah is experienced using the full suite of JCT, SBCC and NEC contracts and works closely with our real estate and banking teams across a variety of wider transactions, providing transactional construction support.
Sarah advises private and public developers, contractors, institutional investors and national and international banks and has spent time on secondment with a major contracting outfit within the infrastructure and transport sector.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising Caudwell Properties on the super prime Audley Square development in Mayfair, being procured under construction management.
- Advising the owners of a luxury hotel on Loch Lomond on high value refurbishment works. Work involved the drafting and negotiation of three building contracts, over 30 professional team appointments and ancillary documentation.
- Construction lead on a variety of multi-million pound commercial acquisitions throughout Scotland.
- Acting for a large social housing developer on projects throughout Scotland, advising on all construction matters and liaising with other interested third parties (such as the acquiring housing association).
- Advising a hotelier client on refurbishment works throughout their UK assets.
- Part of the legal team advising on the repair works to the Cairngorms Funicular Railway (procured under the Scape Framework).
- Advising a student accommodation developer client on a comprehensive (and fundable) construction package for the design and build of two new student accommodation developments in Edinburgh.
- Advising an urban regeneration developer on a variety of projects throughout Glasgow utilising the NEC suite of documentation.
- 5 month secondment to a main contractor client (operating predominantly within the infrastructure and transport sectors) carrying out an in-house counsel role, which provided valuable commercial insight.