Paul acts on all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, with particular expertise in private equity transactions. He advises private equity houses on executing their investments, managing their portfolio companies during the life of their investments and helping them to deliver successful exits. Paul also acts on the other side, advising management teams during new investments, supporting them throughout the life of their business and in buying businesses from private equity investors. His clients benefit from the significant experience Paul has developed through dealing with private equity investors from all sides.
Paul also acts for a number of corporate and institutional clients across a range of sectors with a particular focus on retail and consumer goods businesses.
Paul's clients include ArcelorMittal, Capita Group, The Co-operative Group and PZ Cussons, along with a number of private equity houses and a growing list of clients which are backed by institutional investors.
Paul's recent experience includes acting for:
- The sale of REN Skincare to Unilever
- The investment into Grace Cole by the Business Growth Fund
- LivingBridge's investment in Sykes Cottages
- Management in relation to Riverside's investment in Brookson
- PZ Cussons in the sale of its home and laundry products business in Poland and Eastern Europe to Henkel
- Equistone's investment in Concept Life Sciences
- NorthEdge Capital's investment in Accrol Papers
- LDC in relation to its investments in WRG Worldwide, ATG Access, Stroma Developments, Waterfall Catering and Mini-Cam
- ECI on its investment in Clarke Energy
- Management in relation to Equistone's investment in Fircroft
- Shareholders of Bifold Group concerning its LDC-backed tertiary buy-out and its sale to Rotork plc
- Capita in relation to its acquisitions of Insurance Medical Group Ltd and Team 24 Ltd
- PZ Cussons in relation to its acquisitions of hair/beauty brands Fudge, St Tropez and Charles Worthington
Chambers and Partners has described Paul as "singled out by market sources as a rising star", as "highly valued by clients, who say he is very involved and a pleasure to work with" and "praised for his great advice and experience beyond his years".
- Law Society qualification date: 2001
- University of Leeds - LLB (1998)