Lisa has a range of experience in dealing with health & safety, regulatory, environmental and corporate crime matters. Her background as a criminal defence solicitor has ensured that she has an in depth knowledge of the procedures from the initial investigation stages to actions progressing through the Sheriff Courts and the High Courts in Scotland. She also has extensive experience of civil and commercial claims raised in the Sherif Courts and Court of Session, including in civil fraud and professional negligence claims. Lisa often also provides compliance advice and due diligence on corporate transactions in relation to health and safety issues.
Lisa specialises in advising corporates in criminal matters, in particular those involving health and safety breaches, bribery, corruption, money laundering and fraud. She has experience in assisting clients with internal investigations, as well as investigations and prosecutions by the UK authorities, including HSE, Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA), the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), the Air Accidents Investigations Branch (AAIB) and Police Scotland, some of which have multi-jurisdictional elements.
Lisa is experienced in Public Inquiries, set up to investigate matters of public concern and is currently a member of the firm's team who represent three bereaved families in the Manchester Arena Public Inquiry.
- Member of the team representing three bereaved families in the Manchester Arena Public Inquiry.
- Representing a UK company in relation to an investigation of suspected fraud committed by former contractors and employees. The findings of the investigation are likely to lead to a civil fraud court action in the Court of Session.
- Represented a Landfill Company in their defence to a large environmental prosecution in relation to alleged breaches of Pollution, Prevention and Control Permit for the operation of a landfill quarry. This was one of the largest cases of its type raised in Scotland.
- Represented a large construction and building material company in their defence to a health and safety prosecution under the Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, following a fatality at a wind farm.
- Represented a care home company in their defence to a health and safety prosecution following a fatality at one of their homes.