Lisa works as an Associate in the Dispute Resolution Department, providing a range of expertise in professional negligence, construction disputes, contractual disputes, family law litigation and property litigation.
Lisa has a passion for advocacy and has appeared in Sheriff Courts throughout Scotland. She has conducted criminal trials, civil proofs, child welfare hearings, sequestration hearings, Options Hearings and Case Management Conferences. In addition, she has experience in settling disputes outside the Court process including by way of Mediation, Adjudication and Joint Consultation.
Lisa also has experience of advising clients in relation to regulatory and corporate crime matters. Her background as a criminal defence solicitor has provided clients with excellent insight in to the procedures and issues which may arise in this particular area.
Lisa has significant Court of Session commercial litigation experience and has principally been involved in large scale Pursuer professional negligence claims.
Lisa works with a variety of clients from banks, construction companies, private individuals and national businesses to SMEs.
- Regularly appears in the Sheriff Court for hearings on commercial disputes, constructions disputes, Child Welfare Hearings and professional negligence claims.
- Advised high profile clients in relation to regulatory matters and corporate crime.
- Significant experience of work across Small Claims, Summary Cause and Ordinary Cause procedure.
- Preparation of complex and high value commercial litigations in the Court of Session, including instructing and liaising with Counsel.
- Broad experience of written advocacy and drafting in a number of Ordinary Actions in the Sheriff Courts.
- Settled a number of high value professional negligence claims for one of the firm's main clients.
- Professional memberships
- The Law Society of Scotland
- The University of Edinburgh – LLB (Hons) (2007-2011)
- The University of Edinburgh – Diploma in Professional Legal Practice (2011-2012)
- Year qualified – 2015