Iona is an Associate in the Commercial Disputes team. Iona has experience acting for a variety of clients, including private companies and individuals, banks, creditors and registered social landlords. She has advised on a range of contentious matters including contractual, property, financial disputes and professional negligence. Iona has appeared in Sheriff Courts in Scotland and has experience in instructing Counsel in the Court of Session and the Business and Property Courts.
Iona's experience includes:
- Acting for a large private company in defending a claim for breach of contract in the Court of Session;
- Acting for a private individual in an action for damages for nuisance caused by the owner of a neighbouring property and interdict to prevent the nuisance from continuing;
- Acting for a private company in pursuing a Court of Session action for breach of a warranty contained within a Share Purchase Agreement;
- Acted for a private individual in defending against a claim for breach of fiduciary and statutory Directors' duties, dishonest assistance, misfeasance and conspiracy to defraud;
- Advising a football team client on a threatened action for injunction for alleged breach of an exclusivity clause.
- University of Glasgow – LLB (2020) First Class
- Erasmus University Rotterdam – Study abroad (2018-2019)
- University of Glasgow – Diploma in Professional Legal Practice (2021) with Merit