Tom is a Managing Associate in our Construction and Engineering team with a primary focus on development, infrastructure and transport work. Tom advises a wide variety of clients including developers, contractors, public sector bodies, tenants and financial institutions. He has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating building contracts, professional appointments, collateral warranties and security documents in relation to new build and refurbishment projects and regularly advises on standard form construction suites including NEC, JCT and FIDIC.
Recent experience includes:
- advising Moda Living Limited in relation to the design and construction of several new build residential PRS schemes including those in Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Edinburgh and Glasgow, each being in the region of c£100m - £150m. The flagship scheme at Angel Gardens in Manchester involved the re-procurement of the project following the insolvency of Carillion.
- advising Allied London in connection with a £1bn development in Manchester City Centre on a 6 hectare plot, dealing with procurement strategy, preparation of consultant appointments, building contracts, security documentation and negotiation of the same with consultants, contractors and funders.
- advising a large mutual fund in relation to the forward funding of a portfolio of assets in the residential care home sector.
- part of the team advising a client in connection with a £300m retail and commercial scheme adjacent to Borough Market in London. Work involved preparing and negotiating consultant's appointments and ancillary documents.
- acting for West Midlands Combined Authority in relation to their rail infrastructure development programme ahead of the Commonwealth Games in 2022, including advising on and preparing framework agreements, development agreements and various stand-alone NEC contracts and associated documents for the refurbishment of existing stations and construction of new railway stations.