Tom is a Managing Associate in our Construction, Engineering and Environment team and with a primary focus on development, infrastructure and transport work. Tom advises a wide variety of clients including developers, public sector bodies, tenants and financial institutions. He has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating building contracts, professional appointments, collateral warranties and security documents in relation to new build and refurbishment projects and regularly advises on standard form construction suites including NEC, JCT and FIDIC.
- Advising Moda Living Limited in relation to the design and construction of several new build residential PRS schemes including those in Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Edinburgh and Glasgow, each being in the region of c£100m. The flagship scheme at Angel Gardens in Manchester involved the re-procurement of the project following the insolvency of Carillion.
- Acting for West Midlands Combined Authority in relation to their rail infrastructure development programme ahead of the Commonwealth Games in 2022, including advising on and preparing framework agreements, development agreements and various stand-alone NEC contracts and associated documents for the refurbishment of existing stations and construction of new railway stations.
- Advising Allied London in connection with a £1bn development in Manchester City Centre on a 6 hectare plot, dealing with procurement strategy, preparation of consultant appointments, building contracts, security documentation and negotiation of the same with consultants, contractors and funders.
- Part of the team advising a client in connection with a £300 million retail and commercial scheme adjacent to Borough Market in London. Work involved preparing and negotiating consultant's appointments and ancillary documents.
- Acted for DB Symmetry in connection with the development of a c£90m scheme to design and build an automated warehouse and distribution facility for an on-line retailer in Darlington.