Sam is an Associate in our Commercial Disputes team based in Leeds. Sam has experience in high-value complex disputes across a range of sectors. He helps businesses find solutions to problems that are holding back their growth or causing disruption to their business, through early pre-action correspondence, mediation or formal court proceedings.
Prior to working in law, Sam worked for a Member of Parliament and was an elected politician in York, serving in a leadership role on City of York Council's Executive. He has also worked in communications for the NHS Vale of York Clinical Commissioning Group.
- Acting for a private equity investor in a multi-million pound breach of warranty dispute in relation to the sale of a biomass renewable energy plant.
- Acting for a shipping company in relation to a multi-million pound dispute regarding the contractual performance.
- Advising a pharmaceutical and diagnostics company in a public law challenge against MHRA as a regulator.
- Advising a textiles business regarding a dispute with an international machinery supplier.
- Acting for a public sector pensions scheme in a dispute with their pensions administrator.
- BPP Law School – Legal Practice Course (2021)
- BPP Law School – Graduate Diploma in Law (2019)
- University of York – MA Political and Legal Theory (2015)
- University of York – BA History & Politics (2014)