Ian acts as lead associate on a range of finance transactions in the Firm's London office. He specialises in real estate finance and he has acted for clearing banks, alternate lenders, funds and corporates on a range of international and domestic financings and restructurings secured on a variety of property assets including residential developments, student accommodation developments and on various commercial and industrial property investments.
His experience includes:
- Acting for an asset manager on a £940m long-term debt financing, secured on prime London investment properties.
- A client secondment to a leading UK bank in the Corporate Origination – Real Estate team in 2014.
- Acting for Peel Holdings on the refinancing of MediaCityUK, home of the BBC and ITV.
- Acting for a clearing bank on a multi-phase residential development financing in Hertfordshire.
- Acting for a clearing bank on a multi-site development financing of logistical warehouses.
- University of Nottingham: BA (Honours) History – First Class Honours (2005)
- Nottingham Law School: GDL – Commendation (2006)
- College of Law: LPC (City) – Commendation (2007)