Ian is a lead managing associate in the Firm's Real Estate Finance team. He acts for clearing banks, alternate lenders, funds and corporates on a range of domestic and international real estate financings and restructurings, with particular experience advising lenders and borrowers on student accommodation, residential, office and logistics development and investment financings.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for a clearing bank on the development financing of an office block in Nine Elms, London.
- Acting for an off-shore borrower on the development financing of commercial and residential properties in central London.
- Acting for University Partnerships Programme on the acquisition of student accommodation properties at the Bay Campus, Swansea.
- Acting for a clearing bank on multi-phase residential development financings in London and the south-east.
- Acting for an asset manager on a £940m long-term debt financing, secured on prime London investment properties.
- Acting for a clearing bank on the acquisition financing of a student accommodation property in Nottingham.
- University of Nottingham: BA (Honours) History – First Class Honours (2005)
- Nottingham Law School: GDL (2006)
- College of Law: LPC (City) (2007)