Zak specialises in real estate finance. His work covers a variety of complex, structured and cross-border transactions including senior/mezzanine deals, hotel financings, opco/propco structures, joint venture financings, loan on loan financings, investment and development financings and loan acquisitions. His clients include developers, sponsors, investment banks, insurance companies, funds and clearing banks. Zak often speaks at industry training events on current issues in the real estate finance market.
He is ranked as a "Next Generation Lawyer" in Legal 500 (2017 and 2018/19).
"‘Incredibly thorough’, an ‘excellent negotiator and a safe pair of hands on any deal’; he has ‘excellent technical and industry knowledge’." Legal 500 (2017).
- Acted for two banks on the over GBP250,000,000 financing of the development of a hotel and mixed-use site in Mayfair, London
- Acted for the investment arm of a global insurance company in relation to the investment and capex financing of a portfolio of private rented sector properties located in the UK
- Acted for a London based debt fund in relation to the financing of the acquisition of several office properties
- Acted for the investment arm of a global insurance company in relation to the over GBP200,000,000 financing of the acquisition of a listed building located in London
- Professional Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales