Richard specialises in all aspects of M&A transactional work, but with particular experience in advising management teams and private equity houses on MBO and growth capital investments regionally, nationally and internationally.
Richard has considerable experience in advising on transactions in the chemicals, manufacturing and technology sectors.
- Advised the shareholders and management of Infinity works on the primary development capital investment by Growth Capital Partners and subsequent sale two years later to Accenture
- Advised the shareholders of Aquaspersions on the sale to management backed by CBPE
- Advised the shareholder and management of CMSPI on the primary minority investment by Infexion Private Equity
- Advising the shareholders and management of 365 Response on the investment by BGF
- Advised a global chemical distributor on numerous strategic acquisitions in the UK
- Advised the shareholders and management of JM Glendinning Insurance Brokers on the primary growth capital investment by Synova Capital
- Advised NorthEdge Capital on the MBO of Lights4Fun
- Advised South Africa based Imperial Mobility Group on its acquisition of Palletways from Phoenix Capital Partners
- Advised BGF on its investment in Buy It Direct Group
- Advised the shareholders and management of Pirtek Europe on its sale to US private equity house PNC
- Advised Nimbus on the acquisition of and investment in Paralloy from Doncasters Group
- Advised the shareholders on the sale of Yorkshire Provender to Hain Daniels
- Advised the management of Accelya, provider of financial and commercial solutions to an airline provider, on its merger with Mercator backed by US private equity house Warburg Pincus
- Advised the shareholders and management of Poundworld of the sale of a majority stake to US private equity house TPG Capital
- Advised Mayborn Group (Tommee Tippee) on its acquisition of Gro
- Advised the shareholders and management of Camira Fabrics on the sale and investment by Pricoa Capital
Always excellent, pragmatic and commercial as well as being pleasant to deal with.
Chambers & Partners 2020