Andrea is an experienced employment lawyer with a background of representing employers in Employment Tribunals. She advises on day to day workplace issues such as disciplinary, grievance, performance and ill health management. She also provides advice on employer policies and procedures, TUPE, workforce restructuring, discrimination, severance negotiations, settlement agreements and restrictive covenants. Andrea is an experienced Employment Tribunal advocate.
Andrea has acted for clients in a variety of sectors and also provides training at specialist seminars for HR professionals.
Andrea's experience includes:
- Successfully defending a public sector client from a claim of unfair dismissal and various forms of discrimination on the grounds of disability
- Successfully defending multiple claims of unfair dismissal for both public sector and private clients
- Successfully arguing for strike out of a claim for various forms of discrimination on the grounds of race and religion against a public sector client resulting in the strike out of all of the claims without any evidence requiring to heard
- Providing day to day employment advice to employers across varying sectors including difficult absence management cases and changes to terms and conditions
- Advised a hotel on the TUPE aspects of the sale of the hotel to a national chain
- Involved in the management of defending and settling high volume holiday pay claims brought against a large employer
- Andrea is the Secretary of the Employment Law Group (ELG)