Ursula is a highly experienced commercial lawyer with a particular focus on infrastructure projects and complex contracts. She works closely with in house legal, technical and finance teams and has a 'can do' and pragmatic approach.
Ursula has over 25 years' experience dealing with a wide range of domestic and international matters advising on and drafting high value, complex and cross border contracts for both private and public sector clients including:
- Transport projects including expansion of light rail systems, detailed performance payment regimes, infrastructure, tram supply and operating agreements, together with advising on and negotiating various arrangements with other bodies (including government departments, local authorities, train operators, Network Rail and airport operators) on transport and other schemes
- UK and international joint ventures and strategic alliances and similar arrangements
- Standard, long term and bespoke supply agreements including fuel supply agreements and arrangements in UK downstream oil industry
- Structural, transactional, governance and commercial matters including on the interface arrangements between the public, private and third sectors
Ursula's experience in heavy rail matters dates back to advising on the privatisation of Wales & West Railway in 1995/96. She advised on the phase 3 expansion of the Manchester Metrolink tram system including the closure of the Oldham/Rochdale heavy rail line and its conversion to light rail. She also advised on the procurement of new tram fleets for Manchester Metrolink and for West Midlands Midland Metro.
More recently she has been advising:
- West Midlands Combined Authority (Centro/TfWM) on the extension of the Midland Metro trams system linking the Wolverhampton bus and rail stations, on the interface with heavy rail including the railway station and on the funding, and regulatory transport aspects of this and the wider Wolverhampton Interchange Project to redevelop the existing railway station and extend the multi-storey car park
- Valero (Chevron/Texaco) on a wide range of contractual, joint venture and corporate matters
- Professional memberships
The Law Society of England and Wales
- Year qualified
- Warwick University, LLB Hons, Law (1983-86)
- College of Law, Law Society Finals (1986-87)