Chris is an associate in the Tax & Structuring team based in London. He advises clients on a variety of different taxes and transactions and matters which include assisting with Real Estate deals and Stamp Duty Land Tax queries, Corporate M&A and Real Estate Finance deals.
Chris' experience includes:
- advising a major student housing provider on a significant bond issue using the Qualifying Private Placement Regulations 2015;
- acting for a client setting up a cryptocurrency business;
- advising BP on a complex joint venture signalling their re-entry into the renewable energy sector;
- advising a large listed client on a deal involving the spinning off of part of their corporate group for a consideration consisting of certain tax assets;
- advising on the stamp duty implications of the international group reconstruction for a FTSE 100 listed company
- advising on multiple mid-market private equity acquisitions and management buy-outs, acting for a mix of individual sellers, PE houses and trade sellers.
- Professional memberships
Chris is a student member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
- Year qualified
- University of Oxford, Balliol College – Master's in Physics and Philosophy – 2011
- BPP Law School – GDL and LPC - 2013