Chris is an associate solicitor and chartered tax adviser in the Tax & Structuring team based in London. He advises clients on a variety of different taxes and transactions and matters which include assisting with Corporate M&A, Real Estate deals and Stamp Duty Land Tax queries, and Real Estate Finance deals.
Chris' experience includes:
- providing initial training to LIDL on the Criminal Finances Act 2017 and helping with tax points on their review of precedents;
- advising BP on a complex joint venture signalling their re-entry into the renewable energy sector;
- advising on multiple mid-market private equity acquisitions and management buy-outs, acting for a mix of individual sellers, PE houses and trade sellers;
- advising a variety of large international clients on domestic UK M&A deals involving strategic purchases and disposals of UK target businesses;
- advising a major student housing provider on a significant bond issue using the Qualifying Private Placement Regulations 2015;
- acting for a client setting up a cryptocurrency business;
- advising a large listed client on a deal involving the spinning off of part of their corporate group for a consideration consisting of certain tax assets
- advising Terra Firma in relation to the disposal process for Wyevale Garden Centres on a deal using AG's legal tech platform; and
- assisting Ted Baker with the 2020 disposal of their Corporate London HQ to the British Airways Pension Fund.